As we depend on our cars, it is very upsetting when they break down. There are many causes of automotive difficulty, but some are more frequent than others.
Prevention is always preferable to treatment when it comes to your car. Your automobile will be more dependable, safer to drive, and less likely to require expensive repairs if you keep it maintained and get regular servicing.
However, some car repairs and maintenance may happen considerably more frequently than others. Certain auto repairs are more necessary and common than others which we will discuss in this article. Read on to know more in detail to have an overall better understanding!
- Flat tyre
- Poor fuel performance
- Starter motor
- Warning lights
A few basic car safety checklists that can prevent frequent car repairs are:
General checklist of car repairs:
- Seatbelts: Check tension and also belt buckle operation
- External lights: If necessary, replace bulbs
- Handbrake: Make sure that it can hold your vehicle on a slope
- Windscreens and mirrors: Check mirrors and windscreens for cracks
- Windscreen wipers: Check wear on your wiper blades and replace them if necessary
- Horn: Ensure this works
- Fluids: Check engine oil and also engine coolant levels
- Tyres: Ensure tyres are at the right pressures, check the treadwear
- Spare tyre and jack: Ensure they all are operational, check the toolkit
- Engine oil
- Radiator coolant
- Brake fluid
- Power steering fluid
- Windscreen washer fluid
- Clutch fluid (manual cars)
- Gearbox oil
- Differential fluid
- Tread depth and Treadwear
- Tyre pressures
- Car jack and tools
- Spare tyre
- Hazard lights/ Indicators
- Reverse lights
- Brake lights
- Fog and Park lights
Other general things to check:
- Radiator hoses: Check for any leaks and cracking
- Engine air filter: Ensure that it is clean
- Unusual engine noises: Difficult to start, hissing, ticking, or clunking
- Battery: Look for corrosion all around terminals
- Fan belts: Ensure nothing is loose or whining on start-up
- Your child's seats must be checked for correct fitting.
Let us check out a few of the most common types of car repairs and maintenance tasks:
1. Routine oil changes
An essential part of routine auto maintenance is oil changes. As you drive, dirt and metal shavings begin to accumulate in the oil of your car.
As a result, the oil is less useful for lubricating the engine. Additionally, it has been demonstrated that changing the oil of the car regularly increases the life of your car and its market value.
2. Brake work
There is a good probability that if you visit a mechanic today, you will see at least one vehicle having its brakes serviced. One of the most frequent auto repairs and a crucial part of your vehicle are brake repairs.
3. Automotive fuel injector issues
Did you know that faults with your fuel injection system are often responsible for serious automobile difficulties? A blockage is the most frequent cause of fuel injector issues. Your fuel injector can easily clog if you routinely drive on less than 25% of a tank of petrol.
4. Spark plugs
You frequently need to address minor issues to prevent larger ones. Your car is no different. For instance, one of the most crucial components of your car's engine is the small spark plugs.
Spark plugs, as their name suggests, light the fuel in the cylinders of your car. One of the frequent car repairs we advise against doing yourself to change it.
At the end of the day, the only way to avoid any type of accident is to drive defensively. But if you are in an accident and manage to avoid major injuries, then there's a good chance your vehicle can be fixed or repaired. Getting into a car accident may be stressful, but knowing these two important things about car repairs can help you move forward and take care of the vehicles involved.